At Correa & Martinez Trial Lawyers, we are committed to advocating for the rights of individuals who have suffered injuries in motor vehicle accidents. Our extensive experience and dedication to our clients set us apart. When facing the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident, you need a trusted partner who will tirelessly fight for your rights and fair compensation.
Common vehicle accident injuries
Injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents can vary widely in severity, from minor bruises to life-threatening conditions. Factors such as the type of accident, vehicle speed, and safety measures in place play a significant role in determining injury severity. Common motor vehicle injuries include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury caused by the sudden and violent back-and-forth motion of the head, often occurring in rear-end collisions.
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): Head injuries, including concussions and TBIs, can range from mild to severe and may have long-lasting cognitive effects.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: The force of impact in accidents can lead to broken bones, ranging from minor fractures to more severe breaks.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries: High-impact accidents can result in back injuries, including damage to the spinal cord, potentially causing paralysis or long-term disabilities.
- Internal Injuries: The force of an accident can lead to internal injuries, including damage to organs, which may not be immediately apparent but can be life-threatening.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Glass shards, metal, and other debris can cause cuts and lacerations, which may require stitches or surgical intervention.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Muscles, tendons, and ligaments can be strained or torn in accidents, leading to soft tissue injuries that can be painful and slow to heal.
- Emotional Trauma, such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): The emotional toll of a motor vehicle accident can be significant, leading to conditions such as PTSD, which may require therapy and treatment.