intro module background

Expert DAPA Legal Assistance

Our commitment to protecting migrant families is unwavering. We specialize in providing legal assistance for DAPA (Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents) deferred action issues. Our seasoned attorneys, Andres J. Correa and Octavio Martinez, bring their extensive expertise to every case. Mr. Correa's background in national politics and Mr. Martinez's 20 years of litigation experience make them formidable advocates for DAPA applicants. Both attorneys are fluent in Spanish, allowing them to connect more deeply with clients and understand the cultural nuances. For a free consultation about your case, call today.

What Is a DAPA deferred action?

DAPA, or Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents, is a program that was created to offer temporary relief from deportation and work authorization to undocumented parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents. The program allows eligible parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to request deferred action, which temporarily prevents their deportation. 

While deferred action is a discretionary determination that temporarily delays the removal of an individual, it does not provide a path to citizenship or permanent legal status. DAPA provides temporary legal status, work authorization, and the opportunity to obtain a Social Security number. However, it is important to note that DAPA does not grant permanent legal residency or citizenship. It is also important to be aware that future applicants for DAPA may face certain risks, such as changes in immigration policies.

The deferred action process

The process of obtaining DAPA status involves several important steps:

  • Determine Eligibility: Assess your eligibility for DAPA, including proving that you have a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident child.
  • Gather Required Documents: Collect all necessary documents, such as identification, proof of relationship with the qualifying child, and evidence of continuous residence in the U.S. since January 1, 2010.
  • Complete Form I-821D: File Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents, along with Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and Form I-765WS, Worksheet.
  • Pay Fees: Pay the required fees associated with your DAPA application.
  • Biometrics Appointment: Attend a biometrics appointment, where you'll provide fingerprints and photographs.
  • Wait for a Decision: USCIS will review your DAPA application and make a decision. This process may take several months.
  • Obtain Work Authorization: If your DAPA application is approved, you'll receive work authorization to legally work in the United States.
Banner media

How can a DAPA attorney help?

Navigating the DAPA process can be complex, and having a knowledgeable attorney can significantly improve your chances of success. Here's how an experienced DAPA attorney can assist you:

  • Ensure Eligibility: An attorney can help you determine your eligibility for DAPA and guide you through the application process.
  • Prepare a Strong Application: They can assist in gathering evidence, completing forms accurately, and providing supporting documents.
  • Address Legal Challenges: If you encounter legal issues or challenges during the DAPA process, an attorney can provide expert guidance.
  • Obtain Work Authorization: An attorney can help you obtain work authorization, allowing you to work and support your family in the United States legally.
Attorney standing outside on balcony

Navigating DAPA with Confidence

At Correa & Martinez Law Group, we are dedicated to protecting the rights of migrant families seeking DAPA status. Our experienced team is here to help you navigate the DAPA deferred action process and provide you with the guidance and support you need.

Don't navigate DAPA alone. Contact us today for a complimentary initial consultation and let us be your trusted advocates in pursuing DAPA deferred action in Miami.

Contact us media
Accessibility: If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact our Accessibility Manager at (305) 902-6110.
Contact Us